National Youth Dance Company
Sadler's Wells is proud to be the host organisation for the National Youth Dance Company (NYDC). The company aims to create and perform innovative and influential dance, bringing together some of the brightest dance talent from across England to work with our internationally renowned Associate Artists.
The NYDC meet in school holidays to participate in four intensive weeks per year at Sadler's Wells and regional venues.
What NYDC members get from the experience:
- Perform in world class venues
- Learn, create and perform original work
- Draw on different dance techniques including contemporary, street dance, ballet and South Asian dance
- Take part in intensive residencies over the school holidays; living and working as a company
- Collaborate with professional choreographers and companies
- Find out about career pathways and opportunities
- Take part in dancers toolbox sessions to enhance their studies and help equip them for the future
We are delighted to welcome Akram Khan as Artistic Director for NYDC this year. Akram is one of the most celebrated and respected dance artists today. In just over a decade he has created a body of work that has contributed significantly to the cultural arts in the UK and abroad.
Througout the summer NYDC will be touring England performing a brand new double bill by Guest Artistic Director Akram Khan. NYDC will also be offering Experience Workshops to young dancers that are interested in joining the company.
Premiere Performance: The Rashomon Effect / Vertical Road
16 April | 7:30pm | Sadler’s Wells
Ticket booking and information
Watch last year's company performing (in between).
The inaugural performance of the National Youth Dance Company choreographed by 2013 Guest Artistic Director Jasmin Vardimon.