National Youth Dance Company
Sadler's Wells is proud to be the host organisation for the new National Youth Dance Company (NYDC). This exciting new company aims to create and perform innovative and influential dance, bringing together some of the brightest dance talent from across England to work with our internationally renowned Associate Artists.
The NYDC meet in school holidays to participate in four intensive weeks per year at Sadler's Wells and regional venues.
Earlier this year 11 NYDC Experience Workshops were held in 9 different regions across England. From 179 young people 30 were selected to form the first group of dancers in the National Youth Dance Company. The NYDC dancers, aged 16-20, come from over 20 towns, cities and villages all over England.
The company will be touring the country this summer with (in between) - a new work specially created by Artistic Director Jasmin Vardimon. The work combines Vardimon's unique style of physical theatre with the youthful energy and exuberance of the dancers. Please visit our events calendar to see if the company is coming to a venue near you.
In September 2013 NYDC will be selecting another 30 dancers to join the company. The next series of Experience Workshops are fast approaching- a chance for even more young people to find out about how they can join and to take part in a workshop. The Experience Workshops also act as the first round of auditions. Find out how to apply.
NYDC is seeking dancers who are passionate about dance, who come from diverse backgrounds with experience in any dance style and who simply love to perform.
Work with Sadler's Wells Associate Artists and internationally renowned choreographers
- Perform in world class venues
- Learn, create and perform original work
- Draw on different dance techniques including contemporary, hip hop, ballet and South Asian dance
- Take part in intensive residencies over the school holidays; living and working as a company
- Collaborate with professional choreographers and companies
- Find out about career pathways and opportunities
- Take part in dancers toolbox sessions to enhance their studies and help equip them for the future